DBT-Informed Clinical Consultation Group
I currently host an online Peer Supervision Group for therapists on Mondays 2PM PST.
We’re seeking therapists who would be interested in a consultation group with an emphasis on Dialectical Behavioral Therapy interventions.
Specifically, we’re looking for folks who meet the following criteria:
- Psychiatrists, Psychologists, LMFTs, LCSWs, and LPCCs Licensed or Registered and currently practicing in the State of California.
- Familiarity with and/or experience in providing psychotherapy using the principles of Dialectical Behavioral Therapy.
- Experience participating in a case consultation group or treatment team meeting (eg. interdisciplinary consult team)
- Willing to commit to attending weekly for 60 minutes.
- Willing to commit to DBT Consultation Group Agreements.
- Not currently working in a supervisory or supervisee capacity with any other individual of the group.
- Ability to use HIPAA compliant video conferencing to connect to the group.
Contact me at email@example.com if you’re interested!
About the Group
The primary purpose of this peer supervision group is to help us continually improve and refine our clinical skills to ensure better client care.
In addition, the group is meant to be a place where therapists receive emotional and practical support for their work and continual learning.
Although we don’t follow DBT consultation group norms to the letter, we do open the hour with a minute of mindfulness meditation. After mindfulness, we check in and rate our burn out. Then we organize an agenda of topics based on urgency and acuity. In addition to clinical concerns, members can also bring up professional concerns (insurance drama, resources, legal or ethical troubleshooting, bookkeeping, etc.) We then launch into discussion.
As the group grows, we may decide to evolve into a full-fledged DBT Consultation Team.
As an ad hoc group, this group does not currently meet the requirements necessary to be counted as supervision hours towards licensure.
My Supervision Experience
I currently meet the California Board of Behavioral Sciences requirements to provide clinical supervision to Associate Clinical Social Workers. In 2016, I completed the required supervision training through the UCLA Luskin School of Public Affairs Department of Social Welfare to be a field instructor and clinical supervisor. I have been licensed for over the required two out of five years and meet the psychotherapy provisioning requirements.
As a field instructor, I provided direct clinical supervision to Social Work graduate students from UCLA and USC over the course of two academic years. In individual supervision, I take an approach that mirrors the frame of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy as see many benefits in mirroring that process for clinicians. I also have several years of experience participating and facilitating cultural competence and multidisciplinary team meetings, including DBT Consultation Team Meetings.
-WILD LILY THERAPY – MARISSA LEE LCSW CA BBS 77551-